Sunday, August 12, 2007

So cruel, the internet

Mere minutes ago, I read a "rumour" that Veronica Mars was going to join the cast of Lost. I rode around the house on an imaginary horse believing everything to be for the best in this best of all possible worlds. Then when I had finished doing that, I read another story that said Veronica Mars does not want to go and live in Hawaii. Then I wept.

No one understands* why I like Veronica Mars, one of my friends said it is for silly girls. Then he said I should go boil my head (he didn't really).

Work on the Ghosts book has been frenzied this week, there are just three pages left to draw. I have decided to lay it out in the style of the New Yorker, and require some letters for the letters page. These should be on spectral or supernatural issues (on which I am an expert) and extremely well written. Send them to john@scarygoround.com, then hold your breath for a month or so. Letters may be edited for reasons of style or brevity.

* I think any breathing, straight, man understands.

12 comments:

Gareth said...

I think "Veronica Mars" has probably had enough of Hawaii after spending a couple of months there with Russell Brand :)

Centipede Damascus said...

It's okay Johnny A., I love Veronica Mars too. She is so smart and capable and pretty... sigh...

Joe B said...

I concur on the Veronica Mars love. I'd solve a mystery with her ANY day.

AC Revel said...

Veronica Mars had some of the most zippy, creative and witty dialog since early Buffy and even The Thin Man.

It is sorely missed. I checked my parts and I am also not a girl (silly or otherwise).

Patches said...

It was a dark day in this house when VM was circling the drain. Black arm bands came out when they announced no hope to resuscitate. Shows like that don't come around often.

John A said...

Let's all solve mysteries... TOGETHER!

Carly Monardo said...

I can't wait for the Ghosts book to come out! I intend to buy it with money and read it with eyes!!

puppies said...

oh man look at those cave-men go / it's the freakiest show

Unknown said...

Add another straight man to the Veronica Mars bandwagon.

Mizufae said...

i had to leave you a note here, saying that holy moly, the top panel of today's SGR looks so much like an old bobbins strip (except, you know, drawn well) that i literally boggled.

Unknown said...

hmmm, Shelly has become super-sexy at the presence of mike!

Ken said...

Felicity, Sydney Bristow, Kate from Lost.
JJ Abrams has brought so many beautiful women into our lives, he should get some type of award.