Thursday, August 30, 2007

Good news bad news

A) The Ghosts books are in stock and look great. They are now on sale but...

B) Unfortunately during a routine boiler maintenance visit the engineer discovered a gas leak and I spent most of the last two hours ripping up the laminate flooring in the sitting room.

So when considering point A) please think kindly of me and also consider point B). The good news is, if the leak isn't in the sitting room, I will have to rip up all the flooring in the dining room too! HURRAY!

O REJOICE
LET'S DESTROY
AN ENTIRE HOME
AT MASSIVE EXPENSE

Addendum: OF COURSE that is not covered by my household insurance!

7 comments:

Eatsruns said...

Oooh, that sounds very tempting, and as soon as the bank sends me a little plastic thing that I can BUY things with I may just make that my first purchase! (currently I only have a little plastic thing that I can get cash with, apparently in this country you need a credit rating for a debit card. But the new one is in the mail!)

Tell the weather in Manchester to be nice this weekend, ok?

Eatsruns said...

And commiserations on the gas leak. I really hope it's in the sitting room!

Jon said...

Man, I am sorry that house is turning out to be your enemy, but I am confident in your ability to vanquish it with style and aplomb

stefan autsa said...

I ordered my copy with my awesome debit card which has a horse on it. My credit rating just says "awesome".

John, I advise you to either remember or to watch "The 'Burbs", starring Tom Hanks, as a precautionary tale of conbining both indoors digging and gas mains.

John A said...

RED ROVER RED ROVER LET ART GO OVER

Unknown said...

Oh bother oh damn. Do I buy mine immediately, or wait on the offchance you make it to the Lancaster Comics Thing?

And gas leaks are extremely unfun; my sympathies!

John A said...

I don't think I'll be there Liam, which might help you make a decision.