Sunday, May 27, 2007

Mystical Dream Theatre

It occurs to me upon writing the title of this post that "Mystical" sounds the same as "Miss Tickle" (bear with me here). Living with Miss Tickle would be a daily agony. You wouldn't be able to enjoy a hot drink or a cream horn for fear that she would home in on you and cause you to spill it in your involuntary mirth.

Who says intelligent discourse is dead?

I just watched the season finale of Lost, which had me with my head in my hands, wailing "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO" in the time-honoured style. But a greater mystery this week was posed by a packet of Asda Spinach and Ricotta Fresh Pasta Ravioli I purchased. The package features a "serving suggestion", however the "serving suggestion" does not depict the product, but rather a bowl of ricotta cheese and some spinach leaves. So the implication is that one should reconstitute the ingredients within from the items provided.

That's just silly. You shouldn't do that.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

It's the Lego approach to food preparation! Could you also build a tiny rocket ship out of the ravioli?

Steve Rogers said...

I recall a packet of fish-fingers whose serving suggestion was being dished up alongside a rather nasty piece of old rope. For that "fresh from the sea" authenticity, no doubt. Yum

tobiwan said...

It would be a neat trick though

John A said...

Badger, my favourite ever serving suggestion was a pack of ice lollies which featured as "serving suggestion" an ice lolly, held in a hand - as if to indicate a knife and fork was not required.

dig412 said...

If they don't put it, some illiterate muppet would sue because they didn't get a hand attached to the lolly.

John Pizzle said...

I sometimes wonder if the black cloud monster and the gas monster (in the first Scary Go Round story) would be friends. (By "sometimes," I mean "only now."