Sunday, June 19, 2005

NME Chart Mediawatch

Sometimes I like to watch the NME Chart Show, a kind of viewer-voted list of records that is on MTV2. Obviously, I agree with some songs and disagree with others. Whenever I start wondering how anyone could raise their dander for a third generation copy of Interpol*, I stab myself in the arm with a pencil, because not everyone is as OLD and JADED as me.

ROCK FACT: Jack White's new and fancy ginger wife Karen Elson went to school in Chadderton, mere streets away from my house.
ROCK LIE: Jack and Karen are always round my house eating my pies.

* All the rage I feel about the existence of Interpol is dispersed because the Interpol $$$ keep Matador Records in pies.

2 comments:

Roman said...

Mitch Miller went to East High School here in Rochester, around the corner and down the way from my house. Wow! Mitch Miller!

John A said...

Nate, I don't think Interpol's songs are meant to make anybody smile. You're meant to be frowning, or they've failed.