Thursday, December 16, 2010

Holier than holy

Tuesday's Christmas messages so puffed me up with joy that I neglected to post a Christmas video yesterday. So today, here are two. My two favourite Christmas songs ever*. The first showcases a giant of Caribbean folk with a peculiarly gnomic take on a classic standard.

Santa Claus Is Coming To Town - JOSEPH SPENCE



Now, the second video can be somewhat hard to get through. It may be a little too earnest for some people. All I can say is that, like many uncomfortable things, you get used to it the third or fourth time.

It's Christmas - GOTTA BE ANDREW!



* "Ever" may be a bit strong

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just... I just... I just...


just...


It's stuck in my head.

Samvel said...

JOSEPH SPENCE!

You just made my day, John Allison. So much so that I'm too afraid to look at the other one in case it 'kills the buzz' or whatever.

Roman said...

Oh yes, this brings the Christmas spirit to my warped little heart!

If anyone's looking for more joy/punishment, the AV Club compiled more bizarre Christmas songs last year.

Unknown said...

Samvel, do not play the other one. JA is playing a horrible Christmas prank. He's English, you know, they have strange customs.

Unknown said...

It's a shame to listen to any Joseph Spence without hearing his bass lines. Thanks for posting.

Oh, and, "talk about it in the present tense, 'cause soon you'll be opening your presents... "? I don't know what to say.

Kelli said...
This comment has been removed by the author.