Wednesday, October 06, 2010

A Feral Flag Will Fly

Here's the quick cover I made for a book you will find it almost impossible to buy! I thought you might like to see it anyway. Bad Machinery books will emerge early next year I hope, but they won't be in this format or have a title I decided upon in 15 seconds.



The drawing was a flyer I made for last year's Thought Bubble:



The characters were so new then! It's funny to look at them and see how some had taken shape but others hadn't at all.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

This is a solid design my friend. A real solid design. I have already become quite fond of it.

Old-Red-Dog said...

I liked the flyer when I saw it last year, and works very well as a cover too. Don't suppose you've thought about somehow integrating the little captions each character had over their heads too - I thought they were funny?

K said...

I love those crazy kids! Do their shoes subtly hint at their characters, in a Footloose kind of way? (Is that the sort of thing artists have to think about?)

Tap Monkey said...

What is a feral flag? Isn't it feral only after it has flown away? Once I saw a trash bag caught on a pole, does that count?

Duck said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Duck said...

I find it interesting that you say you look at that and see how some of the characters had really taken shape then, and some hadn't, because other than some refined artwork and facial expressions, they look exactly the same to me. I guess that's why I'm not an artist and you are. :)

Also, I hope Lottie doesn't decide to put that wheelbarrow down, because Shauna would be in for a rough landing.

Unknown said...

It makes me sad that I can not buy this through the internets, seeing as the convention run is so far away from Australia. *le sigh*