Tuesday, May 12, 2009

The Dø + Moriarty

Last night I had the great pleasure of seeing The Dø and Moriarty at the Deaf Institute. I went to this one on the off chance, not really knowing anything about the bands in question other than having a vague (and largely wrong) idea about what they sounded like. It turned out to be a rare opportunity to see two bands who are obviously much more successful in their country of origin playing in a very intimate venue.

I did predict prior to going that at some point The Dø would produce a mysterious triangular stringed instrument, and I was almost right - it tuned out to be a rhombus.

After many dull months I am suddenly faced with a glut of exciting releases! I am very taken with Laura Groves' Blue Roses, so here is a video straight outta Shipley.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Like a dangling participle, I could use some resolution. What was this rhombus?