Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Things you probably ought to know

At around 1pm today, just before lunch, I entered into an internal debate.

"Does my car have a sunroof? I don't think it does"
"No wait, it probably does"
"I'm sure it doesn't"
"No, I'm positive that it doesn't"
"But surely it does"

This went on for a minute or so, during which I assured myself that no, it didn't have a sunroof. I went to look out of the window.

It does have a sunroof. Well I never!

Perhaps one day I will learn the difference between a sunroof and a moonroof. I imagine it is similar to the difference between a rainbow and a moonbow.

10 comments:

Unknown said...

Internal debates are always interesting...specially the political ones...

...wait...do I have a sunroof?

Christophe said...

Eh.

Not to get picky but on a completely unrelated note, what happened to the Chapter Title: New Fear that the website has been sporting for the past 2 months at least.

I FEAR you have been leading us a merry dance Sir! And I demand satisfaction!

*Sits back and waits for EVERYONE to take him to task for rampant pedantry*

Zach said...

I know this is off-topic and all, but I am so very excited to meet you at MOCCA. Seriously, I may just sit around at your booth all day being like, "err...you're cool..." and junk. This is less of a heads-up or warning and much more of a "you should come to New York more often" and perhaps a "Sweeney Todd is showing on Broadway and it is nigh brilliance."

Seriously, I'm going to geek out so hard.

Tom Meade said...

Is this a matter of doubt or ignorance, Mr Allisson? Also, does your name sport one or two ells?

John A said...

Dejinn: You may have a moonroof.

Christophe:

"Eh."

Zashka: please do not stand in the way of the big ticket items.

Tom Meade:
This is not so hard to find out.

Lucy said...

More importantly, what did you have for dinner?

John A said...

I'm on a hunger strike!

Roman said...

This just in: John Allison is the new Bobby Sands!

Christophe said...

Or is Bobby Sands the old John Allison???

Web cartoons instead of political sacrifice...

Unknown said...

I had to double-check. I have no manner of spiffy roof at all.

...I need a new car...