Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Going places

On a few occasions over the eight years I've been exhibiting at comics conventions, I have been lucky enough to have work given to me by new artists who obviously had something special. I can still remember receiving James Turner and Vera Brosgol's formative photocopied efforts, their eager young faces yet to be jaded by the years and the wine.



At SPX I was given a pamphlet by a young artist called Abby Boeh who has a distinctive, funny and deeply pleasing style. Here's her blog, check it out. I hope she'll make comics in earnest because the ones she gave me were really something.

4 comments:

Brad said...

she has some really good stuff!

the erudite baboon said...

I remember thrusting that crumpled comic into your palm, and scampering back to my table. Oh the folly of youth.

Michael G said...

I hope to give you my first comic when I eventually get it done. Here's hoping it's actually ready by the time you attend TCAF.

jorden said...

Hunting for useful sources that can help you to learn dance online is really time-consuming. However, if you are getting tired of searching for such resources over the internet, visit the website http://www.learn-dance-online.com and go through dance directories.