Wednesday, November 26, 2008

The club is open

I don't have anything to write on the blog at the moment. It's entirely possible that my brain has failed. But I should mention that Titan Books were kind enough to send me this:



A sophisticated infant, I had a pretty good idea of the difference between an average illustrator and a genius even at a young age (I can remember expressing forthright opinions as such as early as 8 or 9 years old), and I can remember attempting to copy Jamie Hewlett's spot illustrations from Commodore User when I was 11. As meek and moderate youth, Tank Girl's anarchy seemed distasteful to me, but I have never stopped enjoying (and learning from) Jamie's artwork and The Cream Of Tank Girl is full of his great drawings, alongside looks back to the fertile late 80s UK indie comics scene.

2 comments:

Bad Andy said...

Tank Girl has recently been resurrected and is appearing in the Judge Dredd Megazine.
However it's not Jamie Hewlett illustrating it anymore, but a nice chap called Rufus Dayglo. http://rufusdayglo.blogspot.com/

stefan autsa said...

Damn, I had to pay for mine! :(