Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Sketch blog etch-a-sketch mungo

All artists should keep a sketchbook and draw in it mercilessly, until the pages fall into dust and your finger becomes a pencil. I always have 3 or 4 on the go at once - for my ever-changing moods. I like to draw when I'm watching TV! Or waiting for a tardy friend in a public place. If you have a sketchbook, you still look friendless, but at least you're not bored.

Here are a couple of pages from the last month or so that you may enjoy. Or find awful.



I think the above page is good because it captures many of my preoccupations at once.



This page on the other hand is merely testimony to what I was watching at the time. Can you guess what it was? It wasn't terribly good.

9 comments:

Roman said...

Wow - The Dan!

Poor Yorick said...

Very cool to see this stuff - thanks for sharing!

Also, that little Wolverine is pretty darn great.

Billy said...

Is that Liz Greenfield?

John A said...

Do you mean the curly haired girl? Ha ha no that's not how you draw Liz.

Stephen said...

I forget to take mine to work, so I often resort to sketching on bits of scrap paper (don't want to waste it) and I usually end up with pockets full of scraps of paper with drawin's I feel quite pleased with.

I didn't used to see the point in sketching, but now I do; everytime you sketch, you learn something. It may be something small or something big, but you always learn something.

Faux LeRoy said...

I didn't sketch that much either but then I guess I picked it up more and more. It's sort of satisfying finishing an entire book and starting a new one.

WFHIT? said...

Is this Mungo as in Mungo Jerry, or Mungo as in St. Mungo?

Either way, 'Mungo' is a completely excellent name.

soda! said...

dear john

you are my favorite!!

lots of love,

joan

潘云闲 said...

Great article and your blog template is so cool. Is this template free or not. If so, Where could i download this template? if not, how much does it cost? Thanks a lot!
By Air Jordan shoes