Monday, April 26, 2010

Five years of fruitless rifling

I have spent the last five years wondering where something was, the sort of thing that you do not want to lose. Today I found it, in the back of a half-used art-pad in a box of old strips. You will see in a moment why I have been so annoyed about losing it:



It's only ruddy Shelley and Amy drawn by Scott Pilgrim man-king Bryan Lee O'Malley! I must have tidied it away when jet-lagged (tidying is the only thing I can do when I'm jetlagged or hungover).

Obviously I am going to have it framed. Then I am going to put it in a BANK VAULT where I cannot lose it ever again.

14 comments:

ilitchev said...

That may be the coolest thing I've seen all day.

Joey Joe said...

That is great. Did you do a Scott Pilgrim drawing to reciprocate? Can I bask in it's glory, too, or is it in Fort Knox already?

mordicai said...

! +100 pts, level up!

get in here said...

Life win!

Unknown said...

This just made me like everything that I like even more.

Anonymous said...

Holy crapola.

And yeah, I too want to see any Pilgrim via JohnA that might exist.

John A said...

I did a backup page in one of the Scott Pilgrim books... book 3 I think... but as it was recently republished in the UK edition, I oughtn't to post it here.

Once I clear my decks of drawings, perhaps I will do a Pilgrim drawing for you all! Prepare to be UNDERWHELMED.

R.Fiction.Esq. said...

That is a lovely thing.

Dharmabum said...

It must be very satisfying to have others glorify your work like that. That drawing is simply wonderful and full of life! Perhaps we can have viewings of your bank vault collection of drawings and statuettes someday?

Unknown said...

I just read Pilgrim vol. 3, and greatly enjoyed your guest-spot! Cheers.

glenf said...

I must confess I had completely forgotten about your cameo in SP3. Now I see the circle is complete, I am inordinately pleased. Today is a good day.

By the way, if your UNDERWHELMED comment is a sneaky nod to Mr. O'Malley's Canadian-rock-referencing ways, then I say well done to you, sir!

John A said...

Coax me, cajole me, I won't answer your question Glen.

Anonymous said...

LOVE this.

Jenn said...

I can definitely see why you wanted to find that.