Saturday, May 01, 2010

Utter desolation

Ladies and gentlemen, ladies and gentlemen, I can't tell you how this fell into my hands but I believe I have acquired the most desolate image of all time. And I love it!



There is so much to enjoy in the photo itself. The smokers gather around their sage leader (I have highlighted him for your enjoyment). I can almost hear his words.

"Yeh, guys, there was a time, a time when you could smoke in the office! At yer desk even. Before meddlin' bureaucracy took away our basic pleasures."

Raincoat woman: "So you mean you didn't get to tit around outside for five minutes every half an hour?"

"Nahhh. You'd just smoke at your desk. It made workin' fun. Now I hate every minute of my life. And I hate you guys."

Woman who hasn't bothered to get out of her pyjamas and dressing gown: "You don't hate us, Stan."

Stan: "Yeh, I do. I got tattoos to that effect on various parts of my body. One for each of you chumps"

Fleece-wearing milquetoast: (thinks) "Raincoat woman hasn't spoken to me since we slept together on that team-building weekend in Ormskirk. Does her husband know?"

FIN

I'll let you enjoy the treasure trove of other little delights on this page in your own time.

7 comments:

allenellisdewitt said...

The "voice overs" are what really sell it. :D

taracat said...

The company name is confusing: they claim no butts but I see a bunch o' butts.

Mike Madsen said...

ALL BUTT BINS GUARANTEED FOR LIFE.

Anonymous said...

you used the word, "milquetoast"! you're my hero!

Old-Red-Dog said...

I'm with Mike Madsen - judging by the look of this lot, a lifetime guarantee is about 15 years, at best.

Unknown said...

Stan looks like Alan Rickman crossed with everyones' grandfather.

Helen J L Nias said...

Hahaha brilliant.