Monday, September 25, 2006

I am still in Brooklyn

You may be amazed to hear that I am still in Brooklyn. Apparently, when I get home I have to build a wardrobe. I cannot face building the wardrobe so I am staying here until next week, hiding. You should really confront your fears but I don't have an electric screwdriver and if I put a screwdriver bit in my power drill, something terrible is going to happen, something kind of George Romero - I just know it.

Despite the fact that I'm on holiday, I've been very productive! Such is the atmosphere of wild, unbridled creativity at Dr Vampire's house. I have designed a terrifying tshirt, and also drawn this picture (below) for you, the reader of this blog. There have also been secret consultations about many powerful and unimaginable projects.

9 comments:

Rebecca K. said...

Oh John. Oh John Allison, love of my life. Where in Brooklyn? I want to stalk you, ohJohn Allison. I love you.

I am not usually the sort of girl to make stalkerish declarations of love, but you have that effect on women, oh John Allison.

Nate said...

I hope Brooklyn is giving you its all of excellence (it tends to have quite a lot). If you for some reason find yourself with a gap of time around friday, the Mountain Goats are playing in Andy's corner of the borough. I'm not sure if you're acquainted with their brand of extremely well-written indie-folk-rock, but if not, this could be an excellent time to become acquainted.

arimoore said...

That is an extremely nice drawing. Also, do not be afraid of putting a screwdriver bit in your power drill, unless it's specifically not designed to do that. Really! They make such good screwdrivers. It will change your life. Why do you have to build a wardrobe?

Roman said...

You've invented cold fusion, haven't you?

P.S. will not stalk you

Galen Evans said...

Wardrobes are overrated

Sister Bernadette said...

Wardrobes are of utmost importance, young man! A wrinked exorassa veil is an insult to God.

Matthew said...

Fact 1: I recently registered on the Dumbrella forums specifically to discuss the Scary Go Round comic. My username: theghost.

Fact 2: John Allison drew a picture of Shelley Winters with a ghost.

Coincidence?!? I think so!

Centipede Damascus said...

Will you be building a special, magical wardrobe? I was under the impression all Englishmen owned magical wardrobes.

John A said...

That depends on whether "magical" also means "cheap".